How do I check if my Android device is compatible with the BeMore app?
Check the list of verified devices on Compatibility. If your device is not on this list, do the following: Connect the hearing aids to the app. If the connection is successful, please try to connect/disconnect the hearing aids and the app 2-3 times to make sure that the connection is consistent after the initial pair. If the connection is unsuccessful, please see ‘I’m connecting my Android device for the first time, but it’s not connecting – what do I do?’
Q: How do I pair the app to my hearing aids?
A: It depends on whether you have an Apple or an Android device:
- iPhone, iPad or iPod touch: You need to first pair the hearing aids with iOS. Go to Settings -> General -> Accessibility -> Hearing Devices and your mobile device will search for hearing aids. Open and close the battery doors on your hearing aids. Tap when they are shown in the display and then tap Pair (twice for two hearing aids) and your devices will be paired. Now open the app and follow the flow to Get started.
- Android device: Open the app and follow the flow to Get started. Do not pair the hearing aids to the device’s OS.
Q: I’m connecting my Android device for the first time, but it’s not connecting – what do I do?
A: Please check the following:
- Are the hearing aids paired to other smartphones in the room? If yes, please unpair/forget from other devices before proceeding with any pairing on a new device.
- (For professionals) Are the hearing aids connected to an Airlink/NOAHlink before starting the pairing? If yes, please disconnect before proceeding with any pairing on a new device.
- Are the hearing aids powered on before starting the pairing? If yes, wait to power on the hearing aids until after the pairing process has been started in the app.
- Are the hearing aids paired via the phone’s Bluetooth menu already? If yes, forget the hearing aid pairing from the device, restart the hearing aids, and pair from the app menu instead.
- Is the app reporting ‘Try again’ in the pairing or connect process? If yes, power off the hearing aids and try again. If it consistently won´t connect and the device is not whitelisted, the device is not compatible.
Q: I’m connecting my Apple device for the first time, but it’s not connecting – what do I do?
A: (For professionals) Are the hearing aids connected to an Airlink/NOAHlink before starting the pairing? If yes, please disconnect before proceeding with any pairing on a new device.
Q: Can I keep my sound adjustments?
A: Yes. You will keep sound adjustments for a particular program until you reboot (turn off and on again) your hearing aids. You can also save your settings as a Favorite and choose to have the Favorite automatically apply whenever you enter a specific location. Or, you can apply them at any time you want by choosing that Favorite from the app.
Q: How do I reset original program settings after making adjustments to sound?
A: There are four ways to reset the adjustments you made:
1) Go to Sound Enhancer and tap ‘Reset’ at the bottom of the screen. This will reset all adjustments except volume.
2) Marks on individual sliders for volume, Noise Reduction, Speech Focus, and Wind Noise Reduction indicate default settings. Set the sliders to those marks to reset. Treble/middle/bass are default at 0.
3) If you activated a Quick button on the Home screen, simply tap the button again to deactivate.
4) Open and close the battery doors of the hearing aids to restart them. This resets them to the fitted settings.
Online Services (for Bemore app only)
Q: How do I get access to Online Services?
A: In the BeMore app, go to the menu My BeMore. If you see items available under Online Services, you have access. If you see ‘Activate Online Services’, tap that and follow the flow to get access. If you do not see Online Services in the menu, or if you think you should have more items available, contact your hearing care professional who must enable Online Services for you. Please note that Online Services is available in select global markets.
Q: Where can I find the new settings my hearing care professional sent me?
A: If you received a push notification from the app that new settings are available, go to My BeMore and then ‘My requests and new settings’ for the app to load the new settings from your hearing care professional.
Q: I installed the new settings but I want my old ones back?
A: You can restore your previous settings. Go to My BeMore, tap ‘My requests and new settings’, then tap ‘Restore to previous settings’ at the bottom of the screen. You can either restore to the latest settings fitted in your hearing care professional’s office or, if applicable, to the latest settings sent to you remotely. Once you choose, you just follow the installation flow.
Q: What do I do if it says ‘Online Services is unreachable?
A: Do the following:
- Check that you have a network connection (Wifi or cellular).
- If you have a network connection and Online Services does not show, place your finger on the My BeMore menu, and swipe down on the screen. This will refresh the menu.
- Online Services may be temporarily unavailable. If you checked the above, please try again later.
Q: What do I do when the app loses connection to the hearing aids?
A: If the app loses connection, it is typically the connection between the hearing aids and the mobile device that has been lost. A small red badge on the Connectivity button will notify you that the connection is lost. Go to the Connectivity screen and tap the marked point of lost connection for guidance on how to reestablish connection.
It is also a good idea to turn off the Bluetooth on your mobile device and turn it on again. On most mobile devices, this can be done in a control panel by swiping up from the bottom of the screen (Apple) or down from the top of the screen (Android). Tap the Bluetooth icon to turn it off, wait a couple of seconds and then tap it again to turn it on.
Q: How do I stream sound from an iPhone, iPad or iPod touch?
A: If you have Made for Apple hearing aids, you can connect them directly to iOS on an iPhone, iPad or iPod touch to stream phone calls, music etc. If you do not have Made for Apple hearing aids, use the Phone Clip+ to stream sound. For more information, see the Quick guide to connectivity and the BeMore™ app.
Q: How do I stream sound from an Android device?
A: If you have an Android device, use the Phone Clip+ to stream sound. For more information, see the Quick guide to connectivity and the BeMore™ app.
Q: Why can’t I change programs on my iPhone during a phone call or while I’m listening to music?
A: When you stream sound directly from your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch, the hearing aids automatically change to the iPhone program. In order to go back to a hearing aid program, end the phone call or other sound streaming.
Q: What is Demo mode?
A: Enabling Demo mode means that you can run the app without connection to the hearing aid system. This is useful for demonstration purposes or to try the app.
Demo mode simulates the app features as if you were connected to a hearing aid. For example, you can change programs and adjust in the Sound Enhancer. You can choose Demo mode in the entry flow or enable/disable Demo mode under More in the app.